Since the launch of his seminal book Leading Change in 1996 where John Kotter introduced the 8-Step process for leading change, he and the Kotter institute have continually researched, measured, and refined the model. In 2014 Harvard Business Review published an enhanced 8-Step process:
[table id=1 /]
What’s your big opportunity?
- Do you see a Big Opportunity that could ignite the hearts and minds of your people?
- Do you know how to identify, articulate and communicate it?
- Are you able to connect an external change factor with a special capability of your organization?
- What are the stakes if you succeed?
- Consequences if you fail?
According to Dr Kotter “Windows of opportunity are appearing, opening, and closing more quickly
than ever before. If you are able to identify even a glimmer of a Big Opportunity, it’s important to quickly and urgently engage and mobilize around it before competitors seize the window.”
To find out more, download the free eBook from the Kotter Institute (sign up required), or contact us today.