Overview: Develop and implement a range of cultural change initiatives within a large multi-national corporation.
The Challenge: Sunlife was undergoing a major cultural and organisational change program to move it from being a traditional process-driven bureaucracy, to an outcomes-focused responsive and flexible ‘learning organisation’. They needed help to re-engineer their IT Division to meet these new objectives. Cathryn was recruited to deliver a range of change projects:
- Organisational Restructuring within the IT Division including job analysis, skills analysis, and capability alignment to meet new business requirements and technology changes
- Assisted with the design and analysis of an Organisational Climate Survey
- Design and delivery of change readiness training for IT Division staff
- Change agent for implementation of the concept of Client Partnerships between the IT Division and other business units
- Implemented a centralised service centre and help desk function
- Established the concept of business partnership between the IT Division and other business units
- Assisted with the development of Service Level Agreements between the IT Division and other business units
- Skills audit and development of skills database for all IT staff
- Development and Delivery of a Leadership Skills for Woman Program
- Instrumental in establishing a number of women in management initiatives which, combined with the Leadership Skills for Women program, shifted the number of women in senior positions from 3% to 16% in three years.
The Outcome: The change programs were delivered based on a proven hearts and minds framework, and successfully implemented across the IT Division with wide acceptance by staff and management. Cathryn was invited back to further develop the Leadership Skills for Women Program which was then rolled out across the whole of organisation and went on to become a nationally recognised program.