Company: Darwin Holiday Apartments
Overview: Project manage the development, migration, and roll-out of a new website and CMS with integrated online booking system, CRM, trust accounting system, secure payment gateway, email management system, and guest portal.
The problem: Darwin Holiday Apartments provided management of 50 different holiday houses and apartments around Darwin. Their previous website based on YesBookIt provided a platform for online bookings but provided limited functionality for other important business functions, and did not interface with other critical business systems. Additionally YesBookIt was purchased by international giant Homeaway in 2014, and the company felt that increasingly development effort was being directed to meet the needs of Homeaway rather than the needs of its Australian clients.
The solution: A modern fully-responsive and device independent website with the following integrated functions /systems:
- online bookings system
- channel manager and distribution system
- travel agent management portal
- content management system (based on drupal)
- guest portal for guests to manage bookings, payments, and access information about the property they booked and surrounding area
- owner portal
- tour desk for providing information and bookings for activities and events
- secure online payment gateway
- comprehensive and flexible reporting module
- integrated trust accounting and payments
- fully integrated CRM
- fully integrated email scheduling and management system
The website was developed by Xtreme IT of Brisbane, and bookings engine provided by their sister company Newbook. Secure Payment Gateway was provided by MerchantWarrior. Project Management was by Cathryn Doney.
This state of the art integrated system was delivered ahead of schedule and on budget.