The Company: Darwin Private Tours
The Project: Develop a responsive website
Darwin Private Tours needed a website to showcase private touring options in and around Darwin and the Top End. The site needed to be fast to load and secure, and showcase a range of packaged tours as well as enabling visitors to build their own “custom” tour. It also needed to be able to allow independent tour guides to sign up and create a private tour offering in their specialty area of interest.
The site was developed on WordPress 4.7 for stability, robustness, and ease of use. Basic wordpress was extended to provide additional security and custom post types, as well as sign-up and account management for tour guides.
The Company: Territory Generation
The Project: Website Redevelopment
Territory Generation’s previous website was based on Northern Territory Government legacy software using the Squiz Matrix content management system. The site was considered by staff to be difficult to use, with a dated look and feel, and difficult to view on mobile and hand-held devices.
Territory Generation wanted to redevelop the site with a modern style and fresh look that conveyed a professional, positive image of the company; that was easy to use and update content; and that was responsive to any device.
The company had a very tight timeframe, with the contract being awarded on 2 December 2016, and the new site needing to be live by 23 December 2016.
The site was developed on WordPress 4.7 with extra functionality to provide comprehensive security. Custom content types (in addition to WordPress native Posts and Pages) were created to accommodate additional content display requirements, and content was migrated from the existing site.
The new website is easy to use and staff are able to easily add and modify content. New articles are automatically featured on the home page to keep the site “fresh”.
Some of the features of the new Territory Generation website include:
- integrated google maps with driving and GPS directions to more easily assist contractors to find the location of power stations, particularly the remote stations.
- up to the minute live backups synchronised to a secondary backup site
- custom content types
- fully responsive design, fully functional on all devices including mobile phones
- simple, customisable contact forms
- use of full-width header slide shows and parallax scrolling (minimal) to give the site a modern feel
- Scalable Content Management System and user preferences to suit user requirements and experience
- Integrated google analytics